NWDS provides trained and experienced staff who have a current Working With Children Check and First Aid to support your child in whatever activity or goal that they have chosen.
- This support can be offered in whatever setting is selected by the family and may include in the home or within the wider community.
- Each family can select the timing, purpose and setting of the activity.
- NWDS is supportive of the whole family unit and has an awareness of the integral role that their child’s support has within the families ability to cope with life’s changes, and can adjust the support to accommodate these changes.
- The child and their family can choose the staff that is the best fit for their circumstances.
After School and Vacation Care
NWDS offers After School Care and school holiday social programs to children and teens who are
still attending school.
- These programs are designed
to give children and teens a social outlet after school and whilst they are on school
- It is also an avenue for them to develop and improve their
social skills in alternate environments.
- The programs are set before the
school holidays and families are requested to book in their children,
so numbers can be finalised and adjusted where needed.
- The programs contain a mixture of community based activities,
recreational activities and daily living skills.
- These programs generally run 9am – 3pm, or 8.30am – 3.30pm with
The recreation groups are held on Saturdays during the
- These programs are run similarly to the School Holiday
programs and are designed to meet several needs for children and teens.
- The programs are set before for the term and families are requested to book in their children,
so numbers can be finalised and adjusted where needed
- These programs are generally run 10am – 3pm, or 9.30am – 3.30pm with