Upcoming Recruitment at NWDS
North West Disability Services Australia Limited
• Contribute to the dignity, self-worth, and independence of people with disabilities
• Enjoy a rewarding work lifestyle
• Be part of a company with a well-established reputation
• Join the team who spends their day Turning Dreams Into Reality
North West Disability Services is a non-profit community organisation established over 38 years and has an enviable reputation in this sector. Over three hundred staff and volunteers enjoy working with clearly defined standards and expectations. The rewards of working with NWDS are based on the belief of the rights of people with disabilities to live a full and valuable life within the community.
North West Disability Services meets the requirements of the National Disability Insurance Scheme in a way that is the envy of the sector.
NWDS fully implements and advocates for the application of the Disability Inclusion Act 2014 and the Disability Service Standards and complies with all Local, State, and Commonwealth Government requirements so that you can work with NWDS confident that your contribution is both valuable and appropriately supported.
1. If you are an experienced Disability Worker, we look forward to the opportunity to interview you for a range of roles currently available.
2. If you are looking at joining the sector or with limited experience, you may also apply to join our recruitment information sessions to gain more understanding of the role and open yourself up to a position or casual role.
Closing Date: 19th of January 2023
Recruitment Sessions will commence on the 24th of January 2023
We are delighted to have candidates bring their individual skills to the table and all are encouraged to apply.
Sometimes we do look for specific areas as well, and at the moment are looking for people with experience in the following areas so be sure to note that in your application if you do:
- behaviour management experience including working 1:1 with challenging clients.
- experience in group homes, and/or the willingness and ability to be trained.
- the willingness to work sleepover shifts as requested by clients.
- the ability and willingness to be assessed for swimming and participate in swimming support for clients.
The ideal candidates would:
• promote the dignity, independence, and self-worth of each Participant
• assist each Participant to understand their rights and responsibilities, to become valued and respected members of the community
• provide assistance where necessary and to teach the skills necessary to reach individual goals and maximum potential
• work in a positive manner as part of the overall service team of NWDS
• Certificate 3 in Individualised Support, or achievement within 12 months of employment
• LR manual license, or achievement within 2 months of employment
• First Aid Certificate, or achievement within 2 months of employment
• Ability to swim and support service users in and around water-based activities
• Commitment to ongoing training
• Experience in working with people with disabilities
• Knowledge of Disability Inclusion Act 2014 and Disability Service Standards
• Current Working with Children Check
• Own vehicle with comprehensive insurance
• Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
• Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
Pay - SCHADS Grade 1 (starting point depending upon qualification and quick achievement of core requirements) with movement quickly to equivalent of Grade 2 PP 1, achievable within first few weeks with your application.
Progression to Grade 2 is dependent upon achievement of Certificate 3, 4 or Diploma in Individualised Support.
Wide Range of Salary Sacrifice and incentives also available for the approved candidate.
NWDS is a Charity, PBI and non-profit community organisation which believes in the rights of people with a disability to live a full and valuable life within the community.
For more information on NWDS please visit the website
To apply: Employment Opportunities