Applications for Employment
NWDS welcomes new staff to their dynamic team and we often have our current staff encouraging their friends and contacts to join the organisation. The culture at NWDS challenges and rewards staff to draw on their background and skills to create innovative and exciting activities and engagements for the people we support and serve. As we move fully into NDIS we see the opportunities presenting for more diverse and interesting roles as we are challenged continually to develop options for people now funded for broader experiences.
If you come to NWDS as your "employer of choice" we can assure you, you will have every opportunity to build your skills to a level that will ensure you are a most valuable worker in the field. Our extensive training and support strategies provide the motivation and clear direction to gain competencies and expand knowledge that will place you in a position to undertake the many challenges that make working with a person with a disability such a rewarding career.
If you wish to complete an application to join our team please follow this link
The roles available at NWDS are diverse and as staff become familiar with the options available to staff they often self select into the role that they enjoy the most. We are open to staff working a Part-Time or Casual role and we ensure we make every effort to meet the expectations of staffs.
Work Hours cover the 24/7 range and we are keen to have a good understanding of the hours staff are interested in working. We have strategy for staff to develop a range of skills and be rewarded as they step through the levels that reflect their experience and competency level.
- Certificate III in Disability Work, or achievement within 12 months of employment
- LR Manual Licence, or achievement within 2 months of employment
- First Aid Certificate, or achievement within 2 months of employment
- NDIS Worker Check
- Ability to swim and support participants in and around water-based activities
- Commitment to ongoing training and development of new skills
- Experience in working with people with disabilities, particularly those that exhibit challenging behaviour, especially male participants
- Knowledge of Disability Inclusion Act 2014, NDIS Code of Conduct & Disability Service Standards
Pay - SCHDSI Grade 1-3, depending on qualification and core requirements achieved
Skill Set 1 - Lifestyle Assistant. An employee hired at this level would have the essential and desirable criteria listed above.
Skill Set 2 - Lifestyle Facilitator Level 1. In addition to the criteria above, a Lifestyle Partner Level 1 would have completed these elements of core training and competencies:
- Fire Drill/ Emergency Evacuation Policy
- Community Access/ Risk Management
- Incident & Accident Report
- Incident & Accident Report (Case Study)
- Critical Incident
- Diary Writing/ Progress Notes
- Sole Worker in the Community/ Home
- Medication Management
- Personal Care & Universal Precaution (Hoist)
- Bus Safety
- Food Handling and Hygiene
Skill Set 3 - Lifestyle Facilitator Level 2. In addition to the criteria, core training and competencies listed above, a Lifestyle Partner Level 2 would have completed the additional competencies below:
- Leading WHS in the Disability Field
- Human Rights Certificate (online)
- Complaints & Disputes
- Staff Supervision
- Positive Behaviour Management Support
- Program Facilitation
Skill Set 4 - Lifestyle Specialist Behavioural Support. In addition to the criteria, core training and competencies listed above, a Lifestyle Specialist Behavioural Support would also have completed the additional training and competencies listed below, as well as having demonstrated specific skills in behavioural support, and may/may not have specific personal support experience:
- Introduction to Challenging Behaviour
- Staff Assault Response Training
- Positive Behaviour Management Support
Skill Set 5 - Lifestyle Specialist Personal Support. In addition to the criteria, core training and competencies listed from Skill Sets 1-3, a Lifestyle Specialist Personal Support would also have completed the additional training and competencies listed below, as well as having demonstrated specific skills in personal support, and may/may not have specific behavioural support experience:
- PEG Tube Feeding
- Anaphylaxis and use of Auto Adrenaline Injector
Skill Set 6 - Coordinator and Caseworker.
Higher level positions are advertised on an ongoing basis. We are interested in hearing from you, and will hold onto your resume until an appropriate opportunity commences. Please do not hesitate to contact us or send in an expression of interest to the application link above and below.