Gemhill Cottage at Castle Hill is a fully accessible homely environment that provides short term accommodation support to adults with a disability and respite to their families. It is a registered to provide NDIS funded Short and Medium Term Accommodation.
Gemhill Cottage has been successfully operating as a short term accommodation service since 1992 and provides support to people with a disability on a pre-booked basis.
The house is a spacious 5 bedroom house that is fully wheel chair accessible. It is situated in a handy location near Showground Metro Station. It is open all year around with fully trained friendly and professional staff to provide individuals with the highest standard of care.
Gemhill Cottage caters for individuals of all abilities and also offers emergency accommodation at short notice for people with disability who have actively utilise Gemhill Cottage. This emergency accommodation can be accessed for three nights and may be able to be extended if there is availability.
Gemhill Cottage supplies:
- All the comforts of a home away from home.
- Your own private room which you can lock if you wish. Each bedroom has its own wall mounted TV with DVD player.
- Bed linen, quilt, blankets, pillow, towels. These are washed onsite as often as required.
- Dietician approved meals, let us know if you have any special dietary requirements e.g., puree, low fat, low cholesterol, diabetes friendly, halal, etc. Three meals and three snacks are provided. If you require a specific food supplement you will need to bring it with you.
- Two TV areas, DVD Players, stereo, Foxtel, Wii and games, some board games: Card games, Yahtzee, Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble, Pictionary, Dominoes, Chess (please bring any other games you would like to play with other guests).
- We have a vehicle at Gemhill Cottage that is equipped with a wheelchair hoist and wheelchair tie down restraints to enable community outings.
- Treadmill and recumbent exercise bike for exercise.
- Support equipment including electronic hoists, shower chairs, regulated hot water, Emergency Sprinkler System, and wheelchairs for use by those that cannot walk long distances on community outings.
- Staff assists to ensure everyone has a choice in what activities they would like to do whilst staying at Gemhill Cottage. Activities includes accessing the local community with a trip to the shops, movies, bowling, local places of interest, parks, and café, and individual activities of longer duration can be arranged at request but may require additional payment.
Visitors are welcome but you may have to arrange this prior to the visit as we may be out on an activity in the community. No overnight visitors are permitted.
28 Carrington Rd, Castle Hill NSW 2154
O (02) 9634 7531
H (02) 9634 6110
F (02) 9899 8954
E email@example.com (All enquires will be answered during the business hours, Mon-Fri)