Gemhill Cottage was initiated by North West Disability Services. Funding was provided by the Motor Accident Authority for the purchase of Gemhill Cottage. NWDS also recieves recurring funding by Ageing Disability and Home Care for the support of people who have acquired a brain injury with the priority for motor accident victims. Gemhill was the first respite facility for a person with a brain injury in New South Wales and opened in 1993.
If you wish to discuss the opportunity for respite at Gemhill, please contact our coordinators on 96864155.
What are the aims of Gemhill Respite Services?
- To provide respite accommodation for people with an acquired brain injury.
- Gemhill Cottage is a project of North West Disability Services Inc, funded by the Department of Ageing, Disability and Home Care (DADHC) through their Disability Services Program
Gemhill Respite Services:
Gemhill Cottage is a spacious 5 bedroom house in Castle Hill that has wheelchair access throughout. It has an undercover entertaining area and a BBQ area. The Cottage offers a very pleasant and friendly environment
What does Gemhill offer?
- Accommodation for people with an acquired brain injury for up to 8 weeks a year on a pre booked basis.
- 24 hour / 7 day a week support.
- Fully trained and professional staff to provide individuals with the highest standard of care.
- Crisis accommodation can also be provided to regular respite service users if needed.
- Short stays can also be arranged if pre booked.
- Two (2) staff members are available 24 hours a day.
Gemhill Cottage is designed for individuals who:
- Live in NSW aged between 18 - 65
- Are living at home with an unpaid carer;
- Live independently in the community with some family support;
- Have an acquired brain injury.
Gemhill Cottage provides support to people for up to 8 weeks a year. This then provides respite to the carers of these individuals.
How much will a stay at Gemhill cost?
Gemhill Cottage has very reasonable pricing. A stay costs $80 a day – which is inclusive of three meals, laundry and staffing costs. This cost is reduced to $25 a day if the individual has a Disability Pension Card. This information needs to be passed onto NWDS at time of booking into Gemhill.
An application package will need to be completed and returned before any service user stays at Gemhill Cottage.
28 Carrington Rd, Castle Hill NSW 2154
O (02) 9634 7531
H (02) 9634 6110
F (02) 9899 8954
E email@example.com (All enquires will be answered during the business hours, Mon-Fri)