Teen Time Respite Service Program
Teen Time Respite Service
Teen Times aims to provide respite for working and studying parents/ carers in the form of After School Care and School Holiday Programs.
The features of Teen Time – After School and Vacation support for working parents or carers includes:
- Provision of a planned program of social, recreational and developmental after school and vacation activities based on individual needs;
- Provision of a safe and secure environment;
- Provision of appropriately qualified staff; and
- Ability to provide support to a range of students with varying levels of need including complex and multiple support needs.
- This initiative is aimed at providing support to families and carers of children with a disability.
- This will specifically provide support for working parents and carers of secondary students with a disability attending school.
- The Teen Time service will focus on supporting parents and carers to gain and maintain work or/and study commitments, through an after school and vacation support program.
- These programs focus on developing healthy eating habits, increased social interaction skills, and age appropriate activities to engage in physical and tasks of individual interest.
What else do we provide?
- Carer assistance, support group and referral to outside services if and when needed
- Camps and retreats throughout the year
- Monthly Disco’s
- Gemhill Cottage, a 24 hour respite accommodation service for individuals with an acquired brain injury.
- Hadpac Day and Evening Respite
- Flexible Respite
- Leisure Link
- Post School and Community Participation programs
- Life choices and Active Ageing Programs
This program has an early intervention approach targeting secondary aged students in Years 7 – 12 with a disability and moderate to high support needs as assessed by ADHC. It will assist parents/carers;
- Whose employment or ability to seek employment would be at risk without such a program and/or
- Who are undertaking vocational study or intending to study in order to gain employment.
How to Refer:
Referrals to the Teen Time program can be made from case managers, parents or carers or schools. Referrals can be made by contacting ADHC Information, Referral and Intake team on (02) 9841 9350
Teen Time Respite Services
Location: Conie Avenue, Baulkham Hills
Postal Address: PO Box 947, Baulkham Hills NSW 1755
Phone number: 02 9686 4155 or Fax number: 02 9686 4144