HADPAC Social support and day programs
A social and recreational program for individuals with a disability who live at home with a carer who is in need of respite.
What are the aims of Hadpac Social Support Services?
- To provide meaningful day and evening programs to individuals with a disability and thereby providing respite to carers
- Focus on social development and recreational activities within the community.
HADPAC is designed for individuals who:
- Are living at home with their unpaid carer
- Are accessing other services but have limited social or recreational opportunities
- Are in other circumstances that will be assessed on a case by case basis against the full eligibility criteria
What is expected from service users?
- Participate actively in deciding the activities that they want to participate in.
- Service users are expected to attend their group regularly and try to maintain at least a 70% attendance rate
- Fulfill payment of their invoice for attendance and bus fees
- Payment of the daily activity costs on the day of the program
- Provide notification of planned absences with 2 weeks notice.
Examples of group activities:
- Recreational, community based activities
- Craft and cooking workshops
- Skills development
- Social development activities
- Leisure activities of their choice
Programs are developed with direct consultation with our service users so that each program contributes to the quality of life and meets the individual needs of our service users and their carers. Each group has varying levels of support determined by the needs of the individuals within the group, with different levels of government funding. All of our groups have staff that are fully trained in supporting service users with a disability, with many of our programs also assisted with additional volunteer staffing.
What else do we provide?
- Carer assistance and referral to outside services if and when needed
- Camps and retreats throughout the year
- Monthly Discos
- North West Disability Service also operates Gemhill Cottage, a 24 hour respite accommodation service for adults with an acquired brain injury.
Hadpac Group Programs:
- Monday Night 6.30pm - 9.00pm
- Wednesday 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Thursday 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Thursday Night 6.30pm - 9.00pm
- Friday 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Saturday 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Sunday 9.30am - 4.30pm
Hadpac Social Support Service
Locations: Conie Avenue, Baulkham Hills
Postal Address: PO Box 947, Baulkham Hills NSW 1755
Phone number: 02 9686 4155 or Fax number: 02 9686 4144