Gemhill Cottage at Castle Hill provides Short Term Accommodation for people with a disability. Gemhill Cottage has been providing short term breaks for people with a disability since 1993.
The spacious 5 bedroom facility is staffed 24 hours / 7 days per week by fully trained professional staff to provide individuals with the highest standard of care.
Gemhill Cottage provides support to people throughout the year on a pre-booked basis. This then provides respite to the carers of these individuals.
Gemhill Cottage is designed for individuals who:
- Are adults with a disability
- Are living at home with an unpaid carer or family member;
- Live independently in the community with some family support;
Gemhill Cottage is priced according to the current NDIS pricing for Short Term Accommodation
Crisis accommodation can also be provided to regular users of the cottage.
Gemhill Cottage supplies:
- All Bed linen including quilts, blankets, towels and pillows,
- Meals, let us know if you have any special dietary requirements e.g. puree, low fat, low cholesterol, halal, FODMAP, dairy free, etc. Three meals and three snacks are provided. If you require a specific food supplement you will need to provide it.
- TV, DVD, stereo, Foxtel, Some games: Card games, Yahtzee, Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble, Pictionary, Dominoes, Chess, Wii (please bring any other games you would like to play with other guests).
- Your own private room which you can lock if you wish. Each room has its own TV and DVD player
- We have a vehicle at the cottage, which is equipped with a hoist for outings.
- Activities- Most days guests will have the opportunity to do things in the local community, for example, go for coffee, access local parks and recreation.
- Guests are encouraged to work on their independent living skills and to get involved in daily household tasks with staff assistance.
No alcohol or prohibited substances are allowed on the premises under any circumstances. Smoking is permitted outside the house.
Visitors are welcome but you may have to arrange this prior to the visit as we may be out on an activity. No overnight visitors are permitted.
Location: 28 Carrington Rd, Castle Hill. NSW. 2154.
Postal Address: PO Box 947, Baulkham Hills NSW 1755
Phone number: 02 96864155 or Fax number: 02 96864155