Improved life choices
What are the aims of a Life Choices Program?
- Develop skills required to achieve personal goals
- Increase Independence
- Participate as an active member of the community
Life Choices Objectives:
- Maintain participants’ capacity to participate in community life
- Enhance participants’ independence
- Facilitate and promote opportunities and pathways to ensure participants benefit from ongoing learning and personal development
- Support participants to develop and sustain social interactions and participate in the community
- Provide a respite effect for their families and carers.
The difference between the Life Choices options:
Centred Based with Community Access offers an individual the
opportunity to participate in a range of activities provided in a centre
based program and in the community. Individual Community Access is
where each person is supported by NWDS who acts as an options
coordinator and helps to design their own program or activities in a
range of community settings.
Examples of Life Choices Programs:
- Leisure and recreation
- Independent living skills
- Physical exercise to promote an active life
- Therapeutic activities
- Contribution to local community
- Increased community access
- Connectivity to local community organisations
Applicants should be:
- Between 26 – 54 years old
- A resident of NSW
- Not undertaking paid employment for more than 8 hrs per week, full time vocational education or higher education
ADHC funded adult day programs that assist people with high to
moderate support needs achieve their goals by offering activities that
meet individuals’ health and activity levels, life-stage, interests and
changing support needs.
Person Centered Approach:
Each individual in the Life Choices Program has their own ‘Person
Centered Plan’ which identifies the goals and strategies and how they
will be achieved.
Life Choices Program Locations
Locations: Auburn, Baulkham Hills,
Blacktown, Castle Hill, Holroyd, St Marys, Rouse Hill, Parramatta,
Riverstone, Richmond, Penrith.
Location: Conie Avenue, Baulkham Hills
Postal Address: PO Box 947, Baulkham Hills NSW 1755
Phone number: 02 9686 4155 or Fax number: 02 9686 4144