Transition to work
What are the aims of a Transition to Work Program?
To focus on developing and supporting pre-vocational and work readiness skills, while acquiring work and social skills to build confidence.
Aimed at individuals to assist the transition to either supported or open employment, or vocational or higher education.
Transition to Work Objectives:
- Work Readiness, including work skills, resume building, presentation and interview skills
- Certificate 1 in work readiness training
- Travel Training
- Assistance and enrolment into suitable Vocational & Educational Training
- Social skills
- Communication skills
- Money Management Skills
- Self Advocacy Skills
- Independent Living Skills development
In the first two months, each Transition to Work service user will have a Vocational Assessment completed with them, as well as a Transition Plan. Once the service user and our Transition to Work staff have an understanding of the service user, employment will be sought, this can also include different work experience in numerous areas before securing long term employment.
Person Centred Approach:
Each individual Transition to Work participant has their own ‘Person Centered Plan’ which identifies goals and strategies how they will be achieved. This program is offered 9.00am – 3.00pm Monday to Friday at either Baulkham Hills or Richmond (and external venues such as TAFE or work experience sites). Additional Hours are available on an individual fee paying basis.
Applicants should be:
- School leavers aged 18 years or older,
- People that live within the Baulkham Hills Shire Council or Hawkesbury Valley Council area,
- Have been approved for funding under Transition to Work from DADHC
- People who have an interest or goal in working,
- Willingness to obtain further / higher education.
DADHC funded two year program in which people can be supported into long term, meaningful employment.
Once a suitable position has been found for the individual, they will then continue to receive support for a three month period of time, i.e. Individual one on one travel training to and from work or help with social skills within the workplace.
Transition to Work Program
Location: Conie Avenue, Baulkham Hills
Postal Address: PO Box 947, Baulkham Hills NSW 1755
Phone number: 02 9686 4155 or Fax number: 02 9686 4144