Flexible Respite aims to assist in maintaining and supporting relationships between the person with a disability and their carer. Flexible Respite is an ADHC funded program which provides at least 168 hours of respite.
The program may include:
- Individualised programs
- Community access / out of home respite
- In home respite
- Centre based / weekend program
- Group activities
- School holiday program
- Overnight / evening
Flexible Respite aims to assist in maintaining and supporting relationships between the person with a disability and their carer.
What is Flexible Respite?
Flexible Respite is planned and regular breaks from the caring role while providing meaningful activities for the person with a disability.
This may include:
- community access or out of home respite
- group activities
- centre based activities
- in home care
Aims of the program:
- Assist in maintaining a positive caring relationship over the long term
- Improve the wellbeing of the individual with a disability, as well as their carers and family
- Provide access to social and recreational activities
- Provide practical support to carers
- Support the caring relationship and attend to short term support needs
What else does NWDS provide?
- Carer assistance, support groups and referral to outside services if and when needed, Camps and retreats throughout the year
- Monthly discos
- Gemhill Cottage, a 24 hour respite accommodation service for individuals with an acquired brain injury
- HADPAC day and evening respite programs
- Teen Time Respite
- Leisure Link
- Post School and Community Participation programs
- Life choices and Active Ageing Programs
- Individual Community based Programs
To be eligible for a Flexible Respite service, carers must care for someone who meets the requirements of ADHC intake and referral who will assess eligibility for individuals, this includes:
- has a diagnosed disability
- is aged between 0-64 years
- is living full time with an unpaid carer
- is living within local Government areas: Auburn, Baulkham Hills, Blacktown, Holroyd or Parramatta
Flexible Respite Services
Postal Address: PO Box 947, Baulkham Hills NSW 1755
Phone number: 02 9686 4155 or Fax number: 02 9686 4144